Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Goals And What Interests Me About The Educational Process

Hello, readers!

My name is Nathan Hughes and I am a senior at Salem State University. My current major is English and my current minor is Educational Studies. However, when I graduate, I am planning on attending a graduate school in order to receive my master's degree in Special Education, as this is the career path that I wish to follow during my life. The reason why I want to be a teacher is because I enjoy helping children gradually increase their knowledge so that they are eventually able to pursue any career that they want to. Also, I decided when I was in high school to narrow my educational goals to teaching special education because of my own experience as a special education student during my formative years. Through the assistance that I received from my special education teachers, I was able to realize that they genuinely cared about helping me and other students learn and reach their complete potentials. Therefore, I feel that it is my responsibility to give back to the educational system that supported me by supporting students like me as a teacher.

The link I chose is a short explanation of special education for individuals who are unfamiliar with the concept and with how public schools support special education students. It is useful for this course because most, if not all, of the future elementary school teachers who are enrolled in it will have at least one special education student in their careers.

http://www.sfusd.edu/en/programs/special-education/parent-guide-details.html


No comments:

Post a Comment