Monday, March 31, 2014

My Results For The Educational Philosophy Self-Assessment And What They Mean To Me

When I took the Educational Philosophy Self-Assessment, the results indicated that I would likely be a humanistic and progressive educator within my classroom, as these were the two categories that I had the highest results in. I highly agree with this analysis of my pedagogical beliefs, as I feel that education should be primarily focused on the progress of my students rather than on standardized examinations and meeting academic standards. For example, the humanistic viewpoint states that children should be in academic settings that recognize their various academic, cognitive and biological characteristics as important, as this will allow them to feel valued as people rather than as students. I completely agree with this belief because students will feel unmotivated to attend classes if they do not feel that their teachers care about them as individuals. Also, the progressive viewpoint consists of the idea that students should learn about what will help them in their pursuits and what they care about rather than what is required of them by academic standards. I agree with this opinion because, ultimately, students who attend college will receive degrees in topics that appeal to them, and not in the subjects that they dislike and have difficulty with. For these reasons, the results of my  survey perfectly explain my beliefs regarding pedagogical practices, as both these beliefs and the Progressive and Humanistic viewpoints revolve around the accomplishments of the students rather than those of the teachers, schools, and school districts.

The Survey That I Took (Only Accessible Through Canvas)

Descriptions Of Each Pedagogical Viewpoint (Only Accessible Through Canvas)

Image Taken From: "Language Teachers Use Visual Cues To Engage Students" - An Article For The Columbus Dispatch Which Journalist Charlie Boss Wrote

No comments:

Post a Comment